Friday 4 March 2011

A Tale of Two Cities (Two Days Too Late)

1. I wake up. Late. Looking rough.
2. I miss the bus.

3. I don't get a seat on the train.

4. I'm swept along in a river of people, like Simba in the Lion King. The stampede scene.

5. I get the tube.6. While being swept along by another human tide, I pass Mufasa the lion's trampled corpse at Kings Cross Station.

7. I finally get to work.

8. And the rest of the day looks like this. Until half 5, at which point I repeat steps 1-7, in reverse.

Wednesday, however, did not look like this. On Wednesday, mes amies, I went to Paris! This goes some way to explaining why my post is somewhat en retard. Yes, it was a work trip, but Paris is beautiful and, thanks to Erin's incredibly patient other half, I got to see some of the sights (and to meet Erin herself making her the first real, live blogger I've ever met!).

2 comments:

  1. Love your epic commute Tom! And I'm still crazy jealous you got to go to Paris. Did you eat any croissants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, if you love Tom and you're on 20-something Bloggers - please head over there because I've nominated him for April's Blogger of the month. It's time for the world to know how amazing you are Tom!

    ReplyDelete