Okay, here we go. THIS should be a fun post. I think half of the things I like could probably considered guilty pleasures. There are even some things that I should be ashamed of that I have loved for so long I no longer feel any guilt (i.e: Lady Gaga, reruns of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch," 90's eurodance, etc.).
But anyway, I'm going to attempt to boil this down into a cute little list.
I'll call this list "Lauren's Embarrassing List Of Guilty Pleasures." The list will begin at this time:
LAUREN'S EMBARRASSING LIST OF GUILTY PLEASURES
(in no particular order)
- Reality Television. It's trashy, predictable, and an overall train wreck - but I can't look away.
- t.A.T.u. Remember those Russian lesbians that did that song "All The Things She Said" when we were all in middle school? I never did take them off of my iPod...
- The Black Eyed Peas. With lyrics as simplistic and stupid as "let's do it, let's do it, let's do it, let's do it, let's dooooo it," I'm a little ashamed to say that The B.E.P.'s are one of my favorite things to jam out to in my car. CONFESSION: I secretly wish I was Fergie. ANOTHER CONFESSION: I know all of the words to "Imma Be."
- Trashy late night advice talk shows on the radio. My favorite radio station recently changed it's programming schedule and "Loveline with Doctor Drew" is no longer on weeknights at 11. Discovering this shouldn't have made me as sad as it did.
- The Food Network. I don't cook, but I love watching other people cook.
- Eating peanut butter with a spoon. Out of the jar, naturally. It's disgusting and I know it, but it's something that occasionally happens anyway (usually late at night).
- B-rated horror movies. Actually, I've loved these kinds of movies for so long that I no longer really feel shame, but I thought it was worth mentioning. CONFESSION: My shelf of DVDs has two layers to it. The outer layer is all the Wes Anderson films and things I feel as though I am allowed to like as a sophisticated film geek and a pseudo-hipster. The inner layer is mostly b movie crap. "Bela Lagose Meets A Brooklyn Gorilla," anyone? Don't tell my hipster friends.
I feel as though I could make this list go on for a very long time but I am going to stop. I think I have embarrassed myself enough for one week...