Monday 3 January 2011

This Title is Witty

Welcome to the future! It's 2011! The TASG is still here for you! Hope you all had fun New Year's Eve's and if not, are you really surprised? Is it ever as fun as you think it will be?

One of my regular customers, a cute snowboarder/graphic designer, came in on Saturday - he was haggard and hungover and looking for coffee. When I asked if it was a fun party he said, "it was all right - but it's never the New Year's you imagine for yourself." I couldn't agree more! I gave him some water and wished him a happy and healthy 2011.

As for me, I went to a party - I wore a pretty dress and did my hair and put on lipstick...and stood in someone's dirty kitchen and drank out of a red plastic cup. This was not the New Year's Eve I dreamt of. I felt overdressed and a bit old for the crowd.

New Year's Eve!
Anyways, this week isn't about drunken (or not, in my case) New Year's Eve stories - this week is about the future. This week the Transatlantic Support Group wants to kick the year off right by talking about what we each want for ourselves in 2011!

I try not to make resolutions - I feel like doing so makes me feel like I'm breaking my own heart repeatedly. Yeah, I'd love to lose 15 pounds, I'd love to get a "real" job and move into my own place - but those things aren't guaranteed and I hate making promises I can't keep.

There are a few things I'd like to do this year and I hope I can!

1) Travel to the UK to visit my cousin and his wife.

They recently moved to Bath from London, and I love Bath (I visited there briefly in 2003 when I travelled with my family). I'd like to go alone this time - it would be an adventure and a trip I'd never forget or regret. I might go further into debt for it, but it might be worth it. While I'm still young, right?

2) Get that second tattoo I've been meaning to get.

Showing off the shoes again, plus my first tattoo!
I've been talking about a second tattoo for a while now, and I think I'd like to finally commit to that. I know what I want, it's just a matter of deciding when. I'm thinking early Spring.

3) Run another 5K run (possibly more).

I'm definitely going to do Terry Fox again, but maybe I'll do a road race this year too. I'd like to push myself and try to do a more competitive run. I'm not a great runner, but it's something I'd like to strive for.

4) Take better care of myself.

I get stressed out way too easily and I need to start controlling my emotions. I need to also get over my fear of doctors.

5) Write more.

This could mean journaling, blogging, or just my own personal writing that I may or may not share with anyone. My point is that I would like to try to exercise my creativity a bit more, even if it's just for me.

Anyways, I can't think of any more things to share - who knows what will happen in 2011! I wish you all the very best!

Love you! You all get the midnight kiss I never got!
Happy New Year Tom - can't wait to hear about your hopes & dreams for the year!

Also, I've said this before - but if there are any topics you think we should cover?

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Allison!

    (Loving the pink lipstick)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Adria!

    I love buying bright, fun lipstick colours - but in reality I am pretty conservative with my day-to-day makeup. So, when an opportunity presents itself to wear pink or bright or deep reds, I totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to you writing more.

    Also, if you ever find yourself over here, make sure I'm informed!

    I completely agree with cute snowboard/graphic designer about NYE - I like his thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to write more - I just need some inspiration!

    I'm really hoping to go to Bath sometime this year. So if I fly into London, I'll let you know. I haven't really discussed this with my cousin in a serious way yet. But I'd like to just do it!

    Snowboard dude is very wise.

    ReplyDelete