Friday 7 January 2011

Dear 2011, Bring It On!

Shortly after midnight on January 1st of 2011, somebody asked me what my plans for the year were.  And in my fairly drunken slightly tipsy state, I replied with the following:

In 2011, I am going to:

1) Finish my rock opera
2) Do more shows
3) Stop putting up with shit from other people
4) Land a record deal
5) Be really @#$%ing famous

I think the person that asked me that was a little bit surprised at my response.  Actually, I think I was even a little surprised at my response.  For once, I hadn't spent a lot of time calculating my New Year's Resolutions and therefore didn't have a rehearsed, choreographed answer. 

I don't really expect to become really @#$%ing famous in the year 2011, but I do hope to make some progress in my "career" as a writer/musician/creative nut job.  I also hope to do a bit of travelling.  Location is not important, I just want to go somewhere.  I also have a silly goal for the rock musical I'm writing:  I want to have it produced somewhere this summer.  This could be anywhere from Broadway to my basement. 

Anyway, I'm pretty excited to see what this year brings.  I'm going to continue to live life the way I've been living it for the past few months and see what happens. 

I'm also excited to see what happens to the TASG in 2011.  Yay team!

Alright, that's all I've got.

An embarrassing photo was taken of me on New Years but it's on someone else's camera.  I'll track it down and post it up here later.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. 1) Curious about Goat Man
    2) Rock those shows
    3) Don't take shit from nobody...you go girl (finger snaps)
    4) Aim high!
    5) If you get famous, don't forget Tom and I.

    Can't wait for the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm going to continue to live life the way I've been living it for the past few months and see what happens". The last few months, your posts have been fantastic. It sounds like your life is a fun place to be at the moment. I hope it gets even better in 2011 - and as Allison says, remember me when you're famous. I wouldn't ask for much, a few VIP tickets to your London show, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete