Monday 23 May 2011

Lenny Bruce is Not Afraid!

So on Saturday the world didn't end. That means The TASG lives on!

Yeah, I'm shocked too.

I really didn't think it was going to - I mean, those people have predicted the end of the world numerous times and it's never happened, so I wasn't worried. But it did get me thinking.

What if those crazies were right? I know that if the rapture happened I wouldn't be one of the chosen few, so I'd just be stuck on earth with most of my family and friends....yeah...hell on earth actually sounds pretty sweet, right? Unless it turned out to be like the book The Road by Cormac McCarthy, which would be horrible.

Anyways, I got to thinking about how the end of the world would be a total buzz kill and would ruin my  summer plans. I still have things on my bucket list, and if my bucket is prematurely kicked by some sort of hellfire, that would suck.

As for the end of the world, I think the world is ending. Just like we're all dying. The world as we know it will end someday - the sun will burn out, the ice caps will melt, earthquakes and volcanoes will engulf us all, the ozone will disappear - all that scary stuff environmental groups have warned us about.

So yeah, we made it through another judgement day. Hallelujah!

The sun is still shining!
See ya Wednesday Tom!

7 comments:

  1. When Colin and Matt wanted to sing It's the End of the World as We Know It on Sat night, I tried to tell them they would not know any of the words. They sang it anyway and did alright..
    .. then admitted that the lyrics were really messed up.

    I still want to read "The Road" - my mom read that one too.. and also said it was "different" :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would just be funny to watch them try to sing that.

    The Road was a pretty depressing book - a pretty bleak future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I love the title of this post. That song is a classic.

    Also, I had to stare at that picture for a long time before I realized that is a dog and not just a really intense shirt.

    And I am also glad the world didn't end. I had a pizza party with my hippy crew that night and the apocalypse would have really put a damper on things. But the whole thing did put me in a weird, existential, "the-world-is-going-to-end-sometime" sort of mood.

    I'm at least rooting for a zombie apocalypse as opposed to the sun burning out and the ice caps melting. The zombie thing would be kind of fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha - I'm glad you got the title reference :)

    I should have explained that the puppy was in the photo - he moves a lot, hard to keep him still!

    Glad your pizza party wasn't interupted by judgement day. But I'm not sure I agree with you on zombies...that sounds scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, those crazies... don't even get me started on it... argh. It's so contradictory to the claims of the Christian faith, and yet these were Christians making it.


    GRAGH.

    I am quite glad the TSAG lives on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, funny how the beliefs of such a small group really got the rest of the world talking. Most people didn't take it seriously, but the media had a field day with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Tom died on us again.

    ReplyDelete