Monday 2 May 2011

I Forgot To Watch The Royal Wedding...

I'm so classy

Oh dear.  I almost forgot to write about The Royal Wedding.  I am doing so at this time. 

I have a confession to make:  I forgot to watch The Royal Wedding.

I was up at 4 in the morning and everything.  I was going to try to find a way to stream it online, to jump aboard the bandwagon and celebrate something I have no real association with.  But I got really focused on what I was working on and I just plain forgot.  I'm sorry Kate.  I'm sorry William.  I'm sorry Tom. 

The Royal Wedding wasn't really that huge over here in the states.  A few of my friends posted Facebook statuses about drinking tea and eating crumpets, but that's about it. 

Now, the death of Osama Bin Laden...that's a different story.  I think the entire country knew about it within minutes and it's all people are talking about. 

I found out when I was in a cafe.  I was on the phone and my friend on the other line got a text message with the news.  He shared it with me.  When I got off the phone, I overheard people in the cafe talking about Osama's death. 

And then, of course, somebody put Obama's speech on the TV in the corner.  The rate at which news gets out these days is atonishing. 

But I digress.  Back to William and Kate...I wish you the best.  As long as Prince Harry is still single, I'm cool with the new couple (marrying into a royal family is one of my long term goals). 

3 comments:

  1. I can see why it's hard to still care about the wedding with this whole Bin Laden thing. I'm honestly a bit scared to fly tonight. I feel like a shit storm is coming. Maybe that's just me being skeptical of the US. Luckily I'll be staying with my cousin, a naval officer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of Harry as well - I think I have a thing for rebellious Brits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? Harry? I've never been able to see the hype about him. I was a William sucker. Sadly, that ship sailed before I even had the chance to board it.

    I didn't find out about OBL until this morning, but that's because I was busy playing Marvel vs Capcom with a buddy in my basement when it happened.

    ReplyDelete