Oh hello. Just me again. I'm ba-aaack.
(And on time this time! Yowza!)
I loved reading about Tom and Allison's summer adventures and am stoked to get this TASG thingy up and running again.
That being said, I guess it's time to bore you with the things I did last summer.
Summer seemed to go by really fast. It wasn't a bad summer, though I don't know if it was the best summer of my life or anything. Here are some of the highlights:
- I (unintentionally) stalked the filming of "Portlandia" quite a bit and ended up meeting Fred Armisen as well as being an extra in the show.
- I learned how to play pool.
- I had a really good house-sitting job and recorded the vocals for my new album in basement while staying there.
- I spent way too much time in my room alone trying to learn this dance.
- I got a job writing trivia questions for pub quizzes and quickly got fired because my questions were "too obscure" (I felt like the world's biggest hipster...).
- I spent many nights sitting on the front stoop of my building with my friends. We would order pizza, watch the cars go by, drink PBR, talk about our various creative projects, contemplate the meaning of life, give each other misguided relationship advice, etc. These were some of my favorite nights of the summer.
- I started making my own greeting cards.
- I played some songs at a couple of garden parties.
- I went dancing a few times, mostly at cheesy theme nights (i.e: Soul Night, 90's Dance Music Night, etc.).
- I learned a valuable lesson involving leopard-print pants (a clothing item to be worn with caution!).
- I saw Imelda May perform at the zoo. The crowd was kinda dead, but she rocked it.
- I spent a lot of time stressing out over things like money, my E.P. album, the future, etc.
- I developed a mild addiction to The Bins.
- I got new glasses - the kind that look like I stole them from Woody Allen and cause everyone to ask if I have a real prescription.
- I started writing a sitcom based on my life in Portland.
There you have it - the highlights of my summer. I feel like I'm probably forgetting something, but I think that list is good enough.
And now... it's time for Fall. In a word, woo.
That's all I've got for tonight. See you next week, boys and girls.
(awkward moment with street performers brought to you by "Portlandia")